DURAN’S WHOLESALE GREENHOUSES
A considerable amount of our overall square footage is devoted to this aspect of our enterprise. Thomas Acton, the Production and Sales Manager, has devoted the past 25 years in Northern Colorado improving the wholesale experience. With such a wide array of buyers he has worked steadily to fortify this activity by:
- Being accessible year ‘round to develop the interested markets
- Researching the products, sizes, and prices of a “fluid” market operating along several ecosystems
- Familiarizing himself with software developed especially for horticultural production and inventory control
- Forwarding a weekly FAX in April, May and June with the unsold availability list
- Helping to develop many new, small plant distributors
We grow as many of our products from seed as possible. Doing this permits us to control as much of the environment (from inception to release) as feasible. It also allows us to “custom grow” many products for municipalities throughout Colorado. No one enjoys seeing their plants grace the towns, parks and recreation areas more than our employees.
Lastly, our production control, predictability and willingness to plan a successful spring strategy with you (in advance) benefits the “early-booking” buyers. Many stores want to assure themselves access to select varieties and quantities well ahead of the spurious activities in May (and to plan promotions and ads that feature them).
At Duran’s we are large enough to grow a significant selection for a wide assortment of enterprises, yet small enough to adapt to an ever-changing industry. Unchanged is our commitment to quality and service. Our fair prices, prompt and affordable deliveries, and accessibility have made us customer favorites for 9 years running, though I have had the pleasure of working with many of you for nearly 25 years.
We realize the spring endeavors are vital for you, though brief and compressed. To assist you we forward a deliberate and accomodating approach that includes:
- The use of categorical UPC attachments for easy merchandising and precise margin setting
- Employing state-of-the-art software to help us forecast more accurately the upcoming inventory, tracking variety availability many weeks in advance.
- Offering over 150 bedding flat “titles” that are grown primarily from seed. We use a larger 4-pack (12 4-packs/flat) for extended shelf life and for limited maintenance
- Multi-pelleted seeds are employed where helpful for prolific flowering
- Over 33 choices of FRUITS, VEGETABLES and HERBS in an assortment of sizes (up to 1 gallon)
- 80+ varieties of seed-grown and vegetatively-propagated annuals in several sizes from 2.5” to 2 gallon
- Thousands of geraniums (cutting-type zonals) from 4.25” to 2 gallon
- Thousands of flowering BASKETS in 10” or 12” with many “recipe” variations (employing many newer trailing varieties)
- Deep-pot 4.5” PERENNIALS still sold by the “each”. This permits you to advance a wide selection in a limited shelf space
- Thousands of containers (pots, vessels) graced with plant assortments boasting the selections your customers would want if they had the time to plant them
We encourage you to visit our Longmont production facility and observe the quality and expanding nature of our product line, particularly in March and April. Appointments are advised so please call in advance.
Thomas Acton (Manager)